Purpose: The purpose of Chapter Meetings is to encourage members of the BCAPA to further their aromatherapy knowledge by participating as a group in bringing research material and case-study information to share with the others in their Chapter Group.
Locations: Various locations offer “in-person” Chapter Meetings and there is also a Skype meeting for those not able to attend a meeting in person.
Format: Effective April 2015, the format of the Chapter Meetings was amended as follows:
- Chapter Groups will continue to meet every other month.
- Chapter Groups will choose their topics for discussion and each member is required to research the topic prior to the meeting in order to contribute to the discussion.
- Notes are not required and the attendees will receive 1 continuing education credit (CEC) for attending the meeting.
- If the Chapter Group as a whole or some of the individuals within the group would like to write an article on the chosen topic, everyone contributing may receive additional credits. Certain protocol must be followed in terms of research and documentation. See credit structure below:
- 500 words (1 page) = 1-2 CEC(s)
- 1000 words (2 pages) = 2-4 CECs
- 2000 words (max. 6 pages) = 3-6 CECs
Credits granted are at the discretion of the BCAPA Newsletter Editor
- The Secretary (Lilliane Graie) will keep records of attendees/ dates etc…. Each attendee is responsible for emailing the Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the details of the Chapter Meeting (i.e. dates and topics).
Chapter Meeting Topics for 2014
|January 2014||Aromatherapy and Cognitive Function|
|March 2014||Makrut Lime Essential Oil (Citrus hystrix)|
|May 2014||Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil (Backhousia citriodora F. Muell)|
|July 2014||Cutaneous Candidiasis|
|September 2014||Antibacterial activities of the essential oil from the leaves and rhizomes of Makino (Cnidium officinale)|
|November 2014||Baobab Carrier Oil (Adansonia digitata)|
Chapter Meeting Topics for 2013
|January 2013||CONDITION: Chronic Angina Pectoris|
|March 2013||ESSENTIAL OIL: Cape Chamomile (Eriocephalus punctulatus)|
|May 2013||OPEN TOPIC (each chapter group decides on their own topic for this month)|
|July 2013||ESSENTIAL OIL: Holy Basil (Ocimum sanctum)|
|September 2013||CARRIER OIL: Sesame oil (Sesamum indicum)|
|November 2013||CONDITION: Grief & Loss|
|City/Region||Contact Name||Phone Number|
|Anywhere/via Skype||Colleen Thompson||604-888-9514|
|Langley/Surrey/White Rock||Colleen Thompson||604-888-9514|
|Vancouver||Betsy De Lucca||604-266-6245|
|North Vancouver Island||Liz Long||250-756-1730|
|South Vancouver Island||Casey Mulcaster||250-858-8258|
The BCAPA is pleased to annouonce that our Proceedings manuals now have a page of their own. Please see our Bookstore for all the details. The yearly Proceedings are a professionally printed summary of all Continuing Education presentations and Chapter Meetings from the past year. This serves as a valuable resource manual and a great way to catch up on any events you missed over the past year.